Audi Instrument Cluster Removal Instructions
1) Obtain the anti-theft radio security code. If card is lost, then dealer can get it for you with your VIN# at no charge.
2) Switch the ignition off.
3) Disconnect the battery Ground (GND) strap.
4) Wait 10 minutes for the immobilizer system to fully shut down or you may trigger the immobilizer.
5) LEAVE BATTERY DISCONNECTED UNTIL YOU GET YOUR CLUSTER BACK OR YOU WILL INSTANTLY TRIGGER THE IMMOBILIZER!!! NOTE:
It is not necessary to remove the steering wheel in the diagrams. For ease of illustration the steering wheel is not shown.
6) Use steering wheel adjuster lever to pull out and pivot steering wheel downwards as far as possible.
7) Remove driver's storage compartment or padded knee panel. For knee panel, remove the two Torx bolts near the gas and brake
pedals. Then pull the knee panel up and forward with quick effort; it will detach from a clip and drop enough to access the two
screws -1- in the next step. The knee panel requires no further removal.
8) Loosen screws.
9) Pull out instrument cluster from the front.
10 Release cable ties (or cut with snips) on rear of instrument cluster.
11 Release bright violet retainer catches on blue, grey and green electrical connectors (gently release violet latches with
flat screwdriver and lift) a gear will disconnect each color plug from rear of instrument cluster.
1) Connect electrical connectors and secure wiring harness in clip on back of instrument cluster.
2) Remaining installation is performed in reverse order of removal.
3) After installaing, reconnect battery and check operation.
4) Re-code and check operation of anti-theft radio.
Return to Clusters