1996-1998 VW Passat Instrument Cluster Removal Instructions
CAUTION: Before working on the electrical system obtain radio security code and disconnect the battery ground (GND) strap.
NOTE: All components in the instrument cluster; (with the exception of the printed circuit) can be removed and installed from
the front without removing the complete housing.
1) Carefully remove grilles -1- using long-nosed pliers.
2) Remove the light switch assembly.
3) Remove 5 screws -arrows- and remove instrument cluster trim.
4) Remove securing screws -2- left and right.
5) Pull right side of instrument cluster out of instrument panel.
6) Disconnect 2 electrical connectors from rear of housing.
Return to Clusters