On the S10 Pickup and Blazer, the ABS module is mounted under the hood near the brake fluid
reservoir as shown in the diagram on the right. Some models may use the larger Kelsey Hayes
1) Make sure the ignition is off when you disconnect the module or it
could be permanently damaged.
2) Remove the connector(s) from the module.
3) Remove the screws that hold the module to the hydraulic control unit.
4) Cover the exposed surface of the hydraulic unit with aluminum foil.
5) You can still drive your vehicle since the brakes will not be impaired by
removal of the ABS module. On certain vehicles, the speedometer receives an input
signal from the ABS module and may not function until the module is back in place.