On most Chevy trucks, the ABS module is mounted to the left frame rail under
the driver's seat.
Note: We can only rebuild the Kelsey Hayes 325 module (see photo far right). The
Series 30 is similar, but has a third connector as shown. Both the Series 30 and 310
are unrepairable and must be replaced.
1) Make sure the ignition is off when you disconnect the module or it
could be permanently damaged.
2) Remove the connector(s) from the module.
3) Remove the screws that hold the module to the hydraulic control unit.
4) Cover the exposed surface of the hydraulic unit with aluminum foil.
5) You can still drive your vehicle since the brakes will not be impaired by
removal of the ABS module. On certain vehicles, the speedometer receives an input
signal from the ABS module and may not function until the module is back in place.