The ABS module in the A6 is relatively easy to access. In most cases, the windshield
washer fluid reservoir must be removed as well the the driver's side front wheel well cover.
On certain years, however, there may be enough clearance to remove the module directly.
• Wheel lug wrench
• Car jack
• 10mm socket wrench
• T25 Torx driver
• T20 Torx driver
1) Loosen the lug nuts of the driver's front wheel.
2) Jack up the car and remove the driver's front wheel.
3) Remove the wheel well liner.
4) Remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir.
5) Carefully disconnect the electrical connector on the EBCU.
6) Unscrew the six T-20 Torx screws holding the EBCU to the modulator unit.
7) Remove the EBCU.
8) Cover the exposed surface of the hydraulic unit with aluminum foil.